Melissa Anne Cox, CFP ® brings 15 years of financial planning experience to her clients. Melissa takes a holistic approach to her planning practice, encompassing all aspects of the family’s finances to create a detailed financial plan.
“Unique client planning is best accomplished by being independent and objective. The client relationship is elevated in the spirit of a partnership.”
Taking Care of Your Financial Needs
Melissa works with individuals, college bound families, millennials, people planing for retirement and those with student loan debt. She has a special passion for working with families with Special Needs, and helping women work through the divorce process. Melissa also specializes in college planning using the “College Pre-Approval™ Method” to ensure students graduate with manageable student loan debt while helping to ensure their parents plan for a secure retirement.
Some questions Melissa can help you answer:
- How can I save for a comfortable retirement while providing for my family?
- How will my divorce affect my secure financial future?
- How can I provide for my children’s needs if I pass away before they become adults?
College Bound Families
- How can we save for retirement AND pay for the rising costs of a college education?
- What are our borrowing options if we haven’t saved enough for all four years of tuition?
- How will a life change, such as a divorce or premature death, affect our student’s college funding plan?
- What are my options for my student loans?
- How can I save for retirement while repaying my student loans?
- Will developing healthy money habits now help me succeed financially in the future?
Credentials and Experience
Melissa graduated Cum Laude with a BBA in Interdisciplinary Studies from The University of Texas at Arlington. She is securities licensed with FINRA; Series 7, 66 and holds Texas Health and Life Insurance licenses. Melissa also holds the designations Certified Financial Planner™, College Funding and Student Loan Advisor, and is a Chartered Special Needs Consultant.
Fun Facts about Melissa
Melissa is a native Dallas Texan, where she currently resides with her husband, daughter, and Jack Russell Terrier. Melissa is a triathlete and enjoys competing in Ironman branded triathlon races. She completed her 5th Half Iron distance race of 70.3 miles (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and 13.1 mile run), just a year after the birth of her daughter.